- Top-tier legal experience at Minter Ellison
- Hands-on research experience
- Intellectual property expert
- Understands how universities and statutory bodies work and the environment they work in
- Approachable, effective and easy to deal with
- Principal, Linhlaw: Apr 2015 – present
- Associate, Minter Ellison: Jun 2011 – March 2015
- Senior Commercial Contracts Lawyer, QUT: Dec 2008 – July 2011
- Commercial Contracts Lawyer, QUT: Jul 2007 – Dec 2008
- Lawyer, Gadens Lawyers: Jan 2005 – Jul 2007
- Legal Research Assistant, QUT: Jan 2004 – Dec 2004
- Research Assistant (Developmental Biology Lab), UQ: Dec 1999 – Dec 2003
For more detail, see Linh’s LinkedIn profile
- ‘Intellectual property licensing – tips and traps’
- ‘Protecting your brand online’
- ‘The new Australian Solicitors Conduct Rules’
- ‘University Governance’ in light of some ‘recent’ decisions on directors’ duties’
- ‘Repeal of the IP safe harbour and how it affects your research contracts and IP transactions’
- ‘Contract Law Fundamentals for Research’ One day training workshop’
- ‘Definition of exclusive patent licensee in Australia’
When I’m not lawyering, my favourite things to do include (in ascending order):
- Playing board games (my family tell me I’m a bit competitive, just a bit)
- Baking (also known as my ‘experiments’. You can take me out of the lab but you can’t take the lab out of me)
- Eating food my husband cooks (we all think he’s secretly practising for Masterchef)
- Singing and dancing with my one year old boy
‘Public authority – a review of the common law'
30 October 2014, Higher Education Focus (Minter Ellison), Linh Nguyen, Joanna Laidler and Caleb Gibbins.
‘Managing conflicts of interest in research’
14 August 2014, Higher Education Focus (Minter Ellison), Linh Nguyen.
‘The legal and regulatory framework governing research misconduct and effective compliance systems to manage risk’
31 October 2013, Higher Education Focus (Minter Ellison), Tom Fletcher and Linh Nguyen.
‘The Australian Consumer Law – another compliance obligation for universities?'
8 May 2013, Higher Education Focus (Minter Ellison), Linh Nguyen and Justin Oliver.